return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Problem with Helix DBS1000...Close Call>

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: ChrisGilbert at Thu Nov 2 17:56:45 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by ChrisGilbert ]  

Anyone here ever have the fuse in their Helix blow?

Last weekend I was checking in on my snakes, and one of the racks's thermostat was not on. So, panicking, I checked the temperatures and hooked up a backup on-off type that I had, and ran it to a different outlet. For those of you who don't know, I am at school right now, and my boas that are here with me are being kept at a friend's apartment. He said that he had checked it at 2pm and it was fine, I found it out at 5pm. So after I changed the thermostat , I took off the back-plate of the Helix to find the fuse inside had blown.

I was unable to find a replacement up here at radio shack, so I'm having my mom mail me one from home, and if that doesn't work to send me an extra Herpstat thermostat.

Has anyone ever had the fuse blow in their Helix? If so, do you know why, or what may have caused it? Also, did it work after replacing the fuse?

Lastly, has anyone had to send in for the warranty on their Helix?

I'm just glad this happened while I was here, and not home for Thanksgiving. Further support to my use of one thermostat per cage/rack. For those of you who use one Thermostat for multiple cages/racks, just think of what is rellying on that one thermostat. I have 7 boas in the rack where the thermostat went out on.

Oh and, if the fuse blows on the Helix, does it spike the temp, or cut the current? I would imagine that it cuts the current. I don't know exactly when this happened, as I said, but the boas were all at stable temps. I just want to know if this happened again to one of my thermostats, are the snakes cooking, or are they just being lowered to room temperature.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Problem with Helix DBS1000...Close Call> - metachrosis, Thu Nov 2 19:39:53 2006
>> Next Message:  I found them at LOWES - vcane, Thu Nov 2 21:37:09 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: Problem with Helix DBS1000...Close Call> - EricIvins, Thu Nov 2 22:29:46 2006