return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

FL Press: ‘Show me the python’

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Ball Pythons ]

Posted by: W von Papineäu at Sat Dec 9 15:58:24 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by W von Papineäu ]  

BAKER COUNTY PRESS (Macclenny, Florida) 07 December 06 ‘Show me the python’ (Jim McGauley)
Anybody seen a 33-inch long bald python?
It’s whereabouts are a bit of a mystery since the 20-year-old Glen St. Mary man who admits to stealing it doesn’t remember what he did with the reptile.
Christopher Woolf, in an inteview November 30 with Lt. Chuck Brannan and Investigator Steve Harvey, said he was drunk and high on prescription medication when he took the snake from Gregory Griffis’ residence on South 4th St. in Macclenny. The theft occurred the previous day.
Mr. Griffis, who is confined to a wheelchair, told police the accused came to his house about 7:20 and, after asking to hold the snake, intentionally knocked out a light and plunged the room into darkness. Mr. Woolf complied with the owner’s request to turn a light back on, and realized when Mr. Woolf left soon after that he had taken the snake.
The accused, who lives at 7881 Narrow Trail in Glen St. Mary, got in touch with Mr. Griffis the following day and admitted taking the python valued at $350, and offered to pay for it because he could not locate it. Mr. Woolf’s girlfriend Lindsey Chase also telephoned the owner to promise Mr. Woolf would sell his ATV to raise the cash.
Bald pythons are generally considered good pets and don’t pose a danger to humans, unlike some of their close relatives like Burmese pythons that grow to 30-feet in length. The bald species with its distinct markings rarely gets over eight feet, according to Brian Higginbotham of Callahan, an amateur snake expert who has several for pets.
“They (larger ones) can be dangerous to smaller animals including cats and small dogs,” he said. Whether they seize prey depends largely on their quirky appetites since they can go months without eating, he explained. A snake the size of the missing one normally feeds on mice.
Bald pythons are easily recognizable with a black and brown pattern of striping with white stomachs.
As of Tuesday of this week, Investigator Harvey said the python is still at large.
‘Show me the python’

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: FL Press: ‘Show me the python’ - toshamc, Sat Dec 9 16:12:52 2006
>> Next Message:  THE DERMA HAS BEEN STOLEN?????!!!!!! - jmartin104, Sat Dec 9 16:23:54 2006
>> Next Message:  Needed a good laugh, thanks..........n/p - garweft, Sat Dec 9 19:47:45 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: FL Press: ‘Show me the python’ - ginebig, Sat Dec 9 20:32:31 2006
>> Next Message:  RE: FL Press: ‘Show me the python’ - HappyHillbilly, Sun Dec 10 23:38:37 2006