return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Python . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Sept 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Stupid question...bhp's and coloration

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Python Forum ]

Posted by: squamiger at Sat Dec 30 08:42:29 2006   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by squamiger ]  

Hi Derek

Wow, that is very interesting about the head scale counts. I have never heard anything about that before (granted, I'm a newbie to bhp's). I am very interested in seeing your pics displaying the different scale counts. That makes good sense about the different colorations due to sand color, as well.

Those are very nice animals! They are the sharpest contrasts of white/black that I have seen anywhere. Is that due to your efforts of selective breeding, or more due to the tendencies of others to post more pics of their morphs versus pics of their "normal" animals? I understand the excitement behind the morphs and the eventual outcome of them being proven, but I personally prefer the normal colorations of white/black and yellow/black animals. Of course, I would be happy to have them all one day.

Thank you for sharing your pics and your information. I look forward to your future posts.

Derek Morgan

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Stupid question...bhp's and coloration - derekroddy, Sat Dec 30 14:24:50 2006

<< Previous Message:  RE: Stupid question...bhp's and coloration - derekroddy, Fri Dec 29 09:05:34 2006