return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Alligator . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - June 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - June 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - June 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - July 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - June 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - June 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - June 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - July 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - July 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - July 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

This time of year.....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: drimes at Wed Jan 17 09:41:25 2007   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by drimes ]  

I like to use these shipping boxes.

http://www.cameronpackaging.com/insulated_boxes.html#7-5-4

They are not the cheapest but they are the best I have found. We use the 7x5x4(interior size) the outside is 11x10x8. They are great for shipping one neonate.

For shipping multiple animals or larger ones I use the bigger boxes. I bag all animals individually and mark the bags as to the contents. Shredded paper is placed in the bag with each animal just incase it deficates in transit. Crumpled paper is used in the box to insulate and help protect the snake from being bounced around.

In the small boxes I only use one 40 hour heat pack,placed to one side and taped to the bottom, because the boxes are so well insulated I don't want to cook the snakes. The bag with the animal is then placed in the middle of the box. On top of the crumpled paper, that is on top of the heat pack.

This packing method has worked very well for us.
I hope it helps you out, and is what you where looking for.

Kathy

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: This time of year..... - drimes, Wed Jan 17 09:55:32 2007

<< Previous Message:  One more shipping Q - senorsnake, Wed Jan 17 09:08:58 2007