return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Milk Snake . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Nov 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

HERE IS THE STORY AS I REMEMBER IT

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: ArnoldChan at Thu Jan 18 23:00:49 2007   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by ArnoldChan ]  

Hi everyone my name is Arnold...I usually just lurk around here and live in the Philippines....

I remember it very clearly at least a decade or so ago....I was not yet into snakes at the time...

The retic was found by an indonesian farmer when it was a hatchling...I believe it was found with its siblings. The animal's name is SIBELANG....the python grew up free-roaming around the farmer's house.

News is that people would travel to pay homage to the animal because they believed it had mystical powers or housed a higher spirit. Certainly ample donations are required to maintain the animal's feeding regimen.

Im sure if the family could not profit from the animal it would surely end up in the dinner table.

The article was one of the reasons I got into snakes as a hobby.

Many rural folks in this part of the region believe in spirits in animals and such things. Especially if it displayed a different behavior or appearance.

In the philippines, I have heard of stories of leucistic animals that are not caught because they feared the animal was mystical. Not entirely difficult to believe in the context one who is brought up in the mountains surrounded by mystical folklore.

Do you believe in ghosts

Cheers,
Arnold

[ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  buy frozen online? - blackjackboa, Wed Jan 17 17:23:17 2007
<< Previous topic:  info needed... - cbr1000f, Wed Jan 17 16:47:20 2007