return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Rosy Boa . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Another question......

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: BillyBoy at Mon Jan 22 12:04:07 2007   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by BillyBoy ]  

Well, I've got limited breeding experience (last season was my first shot at it), but what I did was continue to feed my female small meals (she usually eats xl rats and I would only feed her 1 or 2 smalls at a time), wait for her to defecate, and then feed her again. From what I understand, the biggest risks come late in the term and feeding too large or too late can cause major issues with the unborn babies. So, with that said, my girl never refused a meal during her entire term, BUT I cut her off about 45 days before her due date. She delivered 15 healthy, full term babies and 1 still at 89 days POS. Even with the intake during her term, she was still waaay wiped out and super thin after giving birth, but gained it all back in just a few months. Again, this worked well for me because I let my girl tell me what she wanted and just used some common sense to go along with what she was telling me. YMMV....

Congrats and that definitely looks like ovulation in the pic! Hopefully you get a nice pile like the below in about 4 months!

Billy

>>-----
>>

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Another question...... - danktat, Mon Jan 22 11:39:18 2007