return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

MOTLEY OWNERS.....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: Jeremy Stone at Tue Jan 23 13:52:37 2007   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Jeremy Stone ]  

Hello Everyone,

I let this known Below in a post to Boaphiles, but I thought I would let everyone here know this.

The FOUNDING FATHER of all Motleys passed away. It has taken a long time for me to want to talk about this because he was such a special animal to me.

It is a good feeling to know that everyone can trace their Columbian Motley bloodline back to my place, and know that NORMAN was the FOUNDER. He was a very special snake. He had an amazing personality, and the best breeding animal I have ever had.

He passed away a year ago after breeding his skin off in 2005. He started having runny stools, and so I sent him to Scott Stahl to figure it out. He had every test you can run in the BOOK on the animal, and it came back that he had a stomach infection that was impossible to treat. He was put to sleep because he was in Pain.

WE burried part of him under our tree that is right infront of the new snake building. I really owe my business now to this ONE animal. What a great snake he is.

As we will see in the 2007 season, there are MANY looks and traits attached to the Motley gene. I have a few in the back room I have yet to show people, but i'm sure they will start coming forth in the next year.

I remember talking to Pete Kahl shortly after his founding Albino Male Died, and he was really sad. I know how he felt. It is cool for Pete to see all the Many neat looks that can be traced back to his place from the original founder. That is how I feel about Norman. As I see others work with it, and add a taste of their talents and looks to what they think would be cool to the Motley, it is so cool for me to see. EXAMPLE (hotley, and other bloodlines, too many to mention)

I post this NOT for Sympathy, but just to let people know there are so many GREAT things that can come from ONE animal. All it takes is One.

I'll soon post a tribute to him on my page linked from Kingsnake and show all my favorites looks came from this ONE animal.

PS Shane Kinney, Thanks for continuing the name, and I hope Jr. does well for you this year. He was one of Normans BEST.

Take Care, Jeremy

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: MOTLEY OWNERS..... - Red_Hydra, Tue Jan 23 14:10:26 2007
>> Next Message:  Bummer... - boaphile, Tue Jan 23 14:12:05 2007
>> Next Message:  Our condolences........ - rainbowsrus, Tue Jan 23 14:52:25 2007
>> Next Message:  RE: What a great legacy ... - johnberry, Tue Jan 23 15:43:33 2007
>> Next Message:  Sorry to hear that... - STUART, Tue Jan 23 18:02:58 2007