return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Dumb criminal.........

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: rainbowsrus at Wed Jan 31 12:17:07 2007   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by rainbowsrus ]  

Yesterday I was contacted by a person interested in a striped male BCI I have for sale in the KS ads. After discussion he agreed to place a down payment and make payments for the next couple of months. Not an expensive snake, only a few hundred bucks. I had him e-mail me so we could start the paper trail and more readily communicate things like addresses etc. The plan was for him to paypal the deposit then send future payments by mail. Couldn't ship the snake for a couple of months since he's in Minnesota.

He tells me he does not have a paypal account but if I send him a paypal request for payment he can pay that way. Was new to me but there is a tab on paypal to request payment. After I requested payment a reply comes in that I have received the payment but from a different e-mail address than the one I sent the request to. I was thinking that's odd but the subject and note areas were definitely about the request I had sent.

Late last night I received a call from a nice lady who's e-mail address was used. She was very polite and asked me if I knew "-----" which was the person I had been dealing with. Seems they were roommates in the past and somehow my buyer had gotten hold of her account info and had charged it to her account.

Pretty lame since it was only a down payment and of course paypal always sends a note to the e-mail address about each and every transaction.

By the time I logged into my paypal account there was a disputed hold on that transaction. I was able to click through there investigation process and refund her money. Police are involved and everything. I've volunteered to help the investigation in any way. As I understand it, charges are being pressed and this idiot is in trouble....all for $30.

So, beware of any paypal transactions that are not from the same e-mail address your dealing with.
-----
Thanks,

Dave Colling

www.rainbows-r-us-reptiles.com

0.1 Wife (WC)
0.2 kids (CBB, a big part of our selective breeding program)

LOL, to many snakes to list, last count:
13.24 BRB
12.14 BCI
And those are only the breeders

lots.lots.lots feeder mice and rats

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Dumb criminal......... - drimes, Wed Jan 31 13:00:39 2007
>> Next Message:  Does this person... - Djinn, Wed Jan 31 15:01:07 2007
>> Next Message:  Might be just a dumb PC user... ; - 0 - rainbowsrus, Wed Jan 31 15:24:25 2007
>> Next Message:  RE: Dumb criminal......... - kareo, Wed Jan 31 18:55:30 2007