return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Sharp Strain Pricing Help

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: combs reptiles at Tue Mar 27 12:44:39 2007   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by combs reptiles ]  

Well, I will give you a first hand point of view.
I have a 2000 sharp albino female that has produced some sharp sunglows and the extras that come along with that.
I considered for a bit last fall selling her. Not because there was anything wrong with her, but because I had gotten what I wanted, a sharp sunglow male, and I have a small, and focused breeding program. I dont take on anything I cant feed or want to deal with.
So I suppose I was kinda testing the waters a bit to see what I could get for her, but when it came down to it, it would have been like getting rid of my dog, I raised her from a baby, and when some serious offers up to 10k were thrown my way, I was tempted but could not do it. Part of it was that I planned on breeding her to a jungle male if I kept her but it was mostly I had alot of time and care invested in her, and could not picture her anywhere else but here with us.
Im sure you can find an adult for less then what I was offered, and I wouldnt assume its because of health etc, sometimes people just need the money for something else.

I would also ad, I prefer myself to get anything im going to breed as a baby, so I know that snake inside out when it comes time to breed. Good luck.

Mike

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Sharp Strain Pricing Help - futureboabreeder, Tue Mar 27 13:42:06 2007

<< Previous Message:  Sharp Strain Pricing Help - futureboabreeder, Tue Mar 27 09:04:15 2007