return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Pine Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - June 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - June 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Good bye Pandora RIP

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: danktat at Tue Apr 24 15:18:29 2007   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by danktat ]  

I found Pandora (my 7.5 foot Suriname female) lifeless earlier today . If you can recall she was having a really good breeding and all was going well. Then I separated them for a feed and about a week later she regurged. I stopped all breeding and was in the process of trying to get her back on a regular feed schedule before attempting again next season. I was going to feed her in two more days a Very small rat as it would have been the two week mark. She didn't make it. I took her to the "emergency" vet clinic and basically lied to them and said she must have died on the way there (to prevent having to schedule and appointment for a necropsy) If they knew she was dead before I left the house they would have had me freeze her and wait. She was cut open (at my request) and what was found was a couple of tumors in her digestive tract I was told both on the stomache and intestine. That had to be a TERRIBLE way to go. This is hitting me pretty hard as I am just getting back in from the vet. ($685 bill by the way also sucks). Anyway I just thought I would let you all know what was going on who have been keeping up with my collection and her breeding progress. Guess there will be no laddertail babies from her
-----

[ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Need some input on boa "reabsorption".. - JJsBoas, Tue Apr 24 18:14:50 2007
<< Previous topic:  Nucci - JackJebus, Tue Apr 24 13:22:50 2007