return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Colubrids . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Lyre Snake . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - June 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Answers........

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: Jeremy Stone at Fri Apr 27 22:03:48 2007   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Jeremy Stone ]  

Chris, I'm writing litterally barely looking at the screen. I got Girdia and it wasn't getting better, so we went to another Dr. Tonight, and it is Ring Worm too. So, I'm on Double Flagyl. I have never been this sick in my life, and it could last 3 more days. Feels like Stomach flu and getting hit by a Mack Truck...........

Anyway, I have learned some new technice this year. This has happened to me once almost EVERY YEAR, and sometimes more then once. When you breed more animals you see it more.

Anyway, I bred a BEAUTFIUL Motley het albino to a Poss Super Sunglow. She ovulated but we knew they were slugs because of the ultrasound. This is about 3 weeks ago when she was due. SHe only deposited 2 slugs and 1 Motley. I knew she was bound, but she was unlike other bound snakes. Still looked healthy. Wanting to feed, etc... I sent her to the BEst vet in the WORLD. Scott Stahl. I told him I gave her Oxytocin, and that didn't work. I have successfully used Oxytocin on numerous animals. Anyway, it didn't work so I sent her to him because she is a beautiful Snake. He but her on a Minor Steroid, a Muscle Relaxer, and Antibacteria for 5 days to let her relax. Then he gave Oxytocin. WHALLA!!!!!!! We still will check for eggs, but it looks like that worked. Scot is very inovative, and that is very helpful. Even though the vet bill will be high, I believe it is worth it because he is the BEst and should command top dollar. The dude KNOWS his stuff. He has saved soooo many animals for me. Just thought I would bring this up. If you want to put this up higher so others can see it that is cool. Just giving a new tip. Take Care Chris, and that is a Beautiful Motley Albino.

Jeremy Stone

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  Thanks for this info..! np. - patoquack, Sat Apr 28 12:55:11 2007

<< Previous Message:  Answers........ - chris nicholas, Thu Apr 26 20:20:15 2007