return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Rosy Boa . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: eh...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: edkim at Tue Jun 19 16:04:39 2007   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by edkim ]  

ill say it one more time. i'm not here to disprove your line. i never said they need red eyes. i never said yours were not t pos.

the prodigy boa was accepted based on its appearance compared to their siblings. there was a huge difference between them and their siblings.

the only thing i was saying was that i understand where michael is coming from and from the pictures you posted of the babies, they kind of look like nice pastels. all i was saying is you should post some comparison pictures to normals (i didnt say they had to be siblings) just to highlight the differences, but you are very defensive without providing pictures.

i dont see why you're trying so hard to put down the VPI line. No matter what pictures you try to show me, you can still tell which one is actually a VPI t pos or not. yes they may get darker as they age, but the way they look as babies and even adults is far from normal. thats why its obvious that the pink panther you posted as a t pos was actually just a het. when you see a litter of them, the difference between the t pos and normals are like night and day.

this is going to be my last post on this topic because i came here to comment on a couple of your statements on red eyes and the VPI line and to michael, not argue. just post some pictures, pictures make the world happy and will get your point across a lot better than words. i have seen some other pictures of your line and i do agree some of the pictures resemble that of other accepted t pos strains, but other people may need more evidence and background. maybe the phenotype is just not as drastic.

just because people do not believe they are not t pos does not make them any less beautiful. at the same time just because people believe they are t pos doesnt make them more special than they are. the look will always stay the same. the only thing it changes is marketability.

anyways i like them. take care.

[ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Arabesque Het Anerythristic - texhiss, Mon Jun 18 16:02:58 2007
<< Previous topic:  Super Stripe CA Boas - just born! - conleyherps, Mon Jun 18 12:21:43 2007