return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Rosy Boa . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Zenzinia...Blonde Albino questions......

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: michaelburton at Tue Jun 19 12:48:03 2007   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by michaelburton ]  

First off can you post pictures of
1. A newborn litter of F1 or F2 T Pos. blonde albino's that clearly shows the difference between the blonde albino's and the normals. Something to prove they are simple recessive.
2. A close up pic of the eye of a blonde albino and a normal sibling together.
3. Any other pictures of the translucide tounge. I would love to see more than one.
4. More adult T Pos. blonde albino's pic's
5. A T Pos. blonde albino photo gallery would be great. Let me know if there is one.

A few questions
1. Do you think there is other T Pos. albino lines out there that breeders don't know they have?
2. Are the eyes of your line different in ANY way from their normal littermates? If yes, do you have a pic to prove it?
3. Why do you think people are sceptical of your line but not VIP's T Pos., Paradigm's, or Prodigy's?
4. Once you say "black is replaced with brown and lavender." and you've also said "Grey lavender, no black, just like they were as babies." Do baby T Pos. blonde albino's have black scales? Yes or No.
5. Is it possible the snake on the right of this pic dmexotics.com/images_2005/43.jpg has lavender colors? Does is have less black on the tail than your line?
6. Do you have any idea what you will be asking for babies? Have you sold one yet?

These are the 5 reasons you think they are T Pos. Albino's:
1. All the T blond albinos have pink tranlucide tongue
-Please post more pics to prove this.
2. Black is replaced by lavender brown (it is even more obvious on adults)
-If they start with black scales, how can they be T Pos. albino's?
3. They don't darkened with age
-Hardly a reason to believe they are T Pos. albino's.
4. develope a special light yellow caramel color with age.
-So do many lines of pastel boas. Once again, hardly a reason to believe they are T Pos. albino's.
5. They are proved to be simple recessive.
-You have not shown the proof yet.

The pic that edkim posted of the VIP line does represent what they look like after only a few generations. Keep in mind I don't own a VIP T Pos. albino. I would love to, but I don't. I have nothing to defend or gain here. I am planning on getting a paradigm. I personally don't think it's fair you knock The VIP line for the color of the adults by saying "The “blond albinos are not darkening like” normal” boas, because they don’t devellope dark melanine with age, like the othe T positive stain." when you really haven't proven you have anything the boa community would consider a T Pos albino. Just because you think the black scales on your baby boas are turning brown and lavender, doesn't mean they are T Positive. Are they slowly becoming a T Pos.? Isn't it possible the black scales are just fading a bit? Many pastel lines have very little black and keep a very light color you could call a "Special Light Yellow Carmel Color." Please prove your line is simple recessive and not just varying degrees of speckling and pastel colors. I would really love for you to prove me wrong here. I want to believe you. But I also don't want anyone with a beautiful pastel to claim it's T Pos. because it keeps a light color and charge $10,000 for an animal that is just a beautiful pastel. I would love to know if other breeders and hobbiest would add this line to the list of "proven" T Pos. albinos? Like I said before, doesn't it matter what you call a snake? Please understand I think you have three amazing projects that I am jelious of, but I'm still having a hard time considering those as T Pos. albino's, and I don't think I'm the only one.
Michael Burton

[ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  help id'ing these 2 - raisnok, Tue Jun 19 14:26:29 2007
<< Previous topic:  Red tail boa drooling - Ballinboa713, Tue Jun 19 11:31:23 2007