return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Rosy Boa . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Dude..Michael, whats your beef and why..

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: Ruben14 at Tue Jun 19 15:15:02 2007   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Ruben14 ]  

are you trying so hard to disprove this line? I can tell you right now my VPI t pos looks exactly like the one in the pix that Gabor posted. The one with the head shot and purple tongue is a dead ringer for mine. If you look close in the picture the head markings are a brownish color which looks just like mine also. Now I know the one's Zenzinias posted with all the color do not look like a t pos from the pictures but we can't see them in person. Kinda like when jungles first came out and people would show litter pix. A LOT of people replied and asked how can you tell they're jungles I don't see a difference? The breeders big and small would reply, "if you had them right in front of you, you'd have no problem picking them out but you can't tell from the pix". I have seen litter pix from this line and you can definitely tell the difference in the visuals and the normals. At the same time they weren't as refined as zenzinias with all that color.

Your example of dm's pix of Larry K.'s pastels. I can see where you were going but they do not have the gray trim in the tail saddles like baby t's do. If you look at the tail pix zenzs posted you can see the gray outline in one of the tails. They do grow out of that and the red eyes. My t+ had the gray as a baby and you could kinda tell the eyes were red but can't really anymore. Like I said below, Linda H. has a couple t pos from Tracy and she'll even tell you hers don't have red eyes so are mine and hers not t pos??? Like you I have nothing to gain from defending the line as I don't have one but I do know that if the VPI line are considered t pos and the boawoman hypo/carmels and the "PRODIGY" then the line zenzs and others in the UK I know who have them are also.

I think the main problem is the fact they have so much color that it hides some of the obvious t pos traits. If it were one with less color like the one's Gabor posted then it would be more obvious. TRUST ME!LoL

As far as the Zig Zag name goes. From the pix i've seen of this line, a lot of the animals hets and visuals have some degree of tail striping or abberant patterns. Which over in the UK/Europe etc. they call it Zig Zags. Us in the states use different names like Abberant,striping etc.. Two different continents two different ways to describe abberant patterns. Same with the tongue colors, to us it looks purple to them pink.

I still love you Michael(in a boa friends way!)and now that you live in So.Cal. i'm sure we'll meet at the Anaheim show so I can talk you out of your DH Sharp female over some beers! So, please don't take offense for me trying to defend the UK. line of T pos. and again I HAVE NOTHING TO GAIN IN DEFENDING THEM cause I don't have one.....YET!!!!

Ruben Michel

[ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  help id'ing these 2 - raisnok, Tue Jun 19 14:26:29 2007
<< Previous topic:  Red tail boa drooling - Ballinboa713, Tue Jun 19 11:31:23 2007