return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Scared Beardie

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bearded Dragons ]

Posted by: niddy at Thu Jun 28 12:13:08 2007   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by niddy ]  

Even in the winter in my 5' x 2' enclosures the cool side is never 70 when the warm side is the proper ambient.

Dumb question...should it be higher or lower? I just checked the cool side again. 74.4

Bulbs? How many and what wattage? Are they laying on the screen?

I'm using a reflector 65w flood light. Yes it sits right on on the screen.

Does your fluorescent fixture make a constant humm?

Don't have one. *prepares myself for a lecture* lol

Is the new enclosure in the same place as the old one?

Same place, except on the floor now exept on a table.

Do you have another pet?

Yes, we have a cat, but she's been around Bindy every day since day 1. She's (the cat) not even that curious tho. Just walks by every once in a while.

What are you using for UVB?

Um...I use calcium. HH...Back me up?

I looked at the picture you posted again and just really can't believe she can get comfortable on those logs.

She DID fall off the log, so it's long gone. We put cinder blocks (very flat basking areas now) in there now and my hubby made her a wide, sturdy ramp. I wish I could grab a picture, but my camera is dead.

Today, she was on her ramp most of last evening and all night. (on the cool side of her cage) She's still there, even tho her lights on at the other side.

Thanks so much for all of your concerns! We'll get to the bottom of this yet, eh?

HH...I'm taking y'alls advice and letting her be for a while. I'm counting the days, tho! lol

~Niddy

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Scared Beardie - BDlvr, Thu Jun 28 17:20:42 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: Scared Beardie - BDlvr, Thu Jun 28 06:14:55 2007