return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Scared Beardie

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bearded Dragons ]

Posted by: HappyHillbilly at Sat Jun 30 14:45:39 2007   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by HappyHillbilly ]  

Hey!
Yeah, I'd get the 10.0, I'm pretty sure its good for up to 21-inches away. Either a 3ft or 4ft will do, they'll cost nearly the same, maybe $2 - $3 difference. The benefit of a 3-footer would be the ability to mount it inside the cage anytime you wanted/needed to.

I think I've shared with you before about light fixtures but I'll touch on it again just in case. You can get one cheaper at Wal-mart or any home-improvement, hardware store. The only thing is they're not as decorative or fancy looking as the ones in petshops but they're a fraction of the cost. I think 4ft shoplights (which is what they're called) are $10 at Wal-mart and they're usually the double bulb ones in case you wanted to add a regular fluorescent bulb for extra lighting like BDlvr was talking about.

You have to keep in mind that if the UVB fixture is going to rest on top of the tank, there still has to be room for your basking light to rest there, too. Unless you put one or the other inside the cage.

The tank that I have a 4ft UVB fixture on also uses a basking light in a dome sitting on top. The UVB fixture is a single-bulb style and I've got it resting partially on the backside of the reflector dome.

In other words, just like most of anything else, it can get a bit complicated but can be done.

A 3-footer may be your best bet, that way you can put it all the way towards the cool side and then angle your basking light so the beam goes between the UVB fixture and the hot end of the tank. Follow me? Or, if your dome is one of the smaller diameter ones, you're in business with ease.

Yell if you've got any more Qs.

Take care!
HH
-----
Due to political correctness run amuck,
this ol' hillbilly is now referred to as an:
Appalachian American

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Scared Beardie - BDlvr, Sat Jun 30 19:21:17 2007 image in post

<< Previous Message:  RE: Scared Beardie - niddy, Sat Jun 30 13:30:15 2007