return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Sept 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Acting Strange...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bearded Dragons ]

Posted by: Casper06 at Fri Jun 29 12:03:42 2007   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Casper06 ]  

yeah! so temps are the problem, that should be realitivly easy to fix.
If I turn off the other light(oh, and I looked on the box of my MV bulb and it is 160 watts) then the hot temp is 99, As far as I can tell thats the closest he can get to the bulb, which is almost exactally 18inches from the bulb. And he only goes there sometimes. His fav. place to bask is about 25 inches from the bulb.

His cool temps, with out the house bulb are aound 86, insidehis cave its a bit cooler. Will this work?
his cage is 2.5 ft. tall with 4' by 2' floor space. My amazing Dad made the whole cage. It open at the to(wich makes it a bit difficult to clean, but I have discovered that since I can fit inside the cage cleaning has become easier)It is all wood with a glass front and half of the top is glass. Maybe I can get a picture, I'll try.

The reasoin I use MVB is because there is a box that sits ontop of the cage and inside are two places to screw in light bulbs. So I can't buy the long tube bulbs, there is no where to put them. Does that make sense?

So, I'll go with the new temps and see how things go, unless there are any objections...?

Thanks a million HH and BDlvr, from me and Ramses!

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Acting Strange... - BDlvr, Fri Jun 29 12:43:19 2007 image in post

<< Previous Message:  RE: Acting Strange... - BDlvr, Fri Jun 29 05:50:57 2007