return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Python . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Sept 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

?'s about getting a dragon

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bearded Dragons ]

Posted by: shannon20019 at Mon Jul 2 08:19:23 2007   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by shannon20019 ]  

Hey Ya'll!! I'd just like to first say that I have read many posts on here and all of them have been so helpful..some kinda scary but most reassuring! so here goes..my husband and I have decided to buy a bearded dragon.We also have 2 children and feel that the beardie would be best for the whole family. there are just a couple of things that I'd like ya'll to help me with:

1. is it okay to buy a habitat already put together...like home in a box kinda thing. Our local petsmart had one(for bearded dragons) that was $150.00...came with all the bare basics to get ya started.(I know it was a 20gal.. I would list everything that was in it..but can't remember and it's not offered online) or is it just better to buy everything seperate and make sure you get what is "best" for the beardie(or if anyone has purchased this before and can say whether it's worth anything)...don't want to plug the thing in and it blows the day before I get the beardie!!..lol I want to make sure it has the best of the best that I can afford!

2. also the lighting thing is confusing me a little bit...If someone wouldn't mind just letting me know what they personally use or how they do it..just so I can get an idea..I've been to tons of sites that "tell" you what's best and have listed what's "best" but I guess I'm just a visual person..so reading is one thing but seeing is another!!

This will be the first reptile we've ever owned...which when I was young my mom wouldn't let me near a lizard much less keep one in her home...so this has been sort of a dream for me...lol We know we have the space, money and the time to devote to a beardie and I just want to make sure I do it right the first time and don't have to bury a beardie in a week and try to heal a 5yr old's broken heart...lol
Is everyone done rolling their eyes and saying "I hate soon-to-be beardie owners"...lol I swear, for me, this is like having another baby!! I'm nervous and so excited!!! thanks ahead of time for all your help!!

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: ?'s about getting a dragon - BDlvr, Mon Jul 2 10:44:50 2007