return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Python . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Sept 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: How much should she eat?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bearded Dragons ]

Posted by: eminart at Thu Jul 5 19:12:31 2007   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by eminart ]  

Thanks for the replies, guys. I think I've got her on the right track now. I simplified her setup a little. She seems to be eating better, especially if I physically take her down off her perch and place her at ground level with the crickets when I feed her.

To answer some of the questions: The cage is brightly lit, with the 10.0 flourescent and a 90watt halogen floodlight. The cool side is 81 degrees the hot spot about 115 now (there were several different areas to bask, but I changed it). The substate is sand. I know I know. But she's not impacted. She poops regularly and it looks as healthy as poop can look. She's not at all sluggish. She moves quickly, when she does move, which seems to be more often in her new set up. I do offer greens and veggies, but to this point she's never eaten any. I do water her by misting her head. I don't handle her except to place her down near the crickets or to mist her. I think she's just a bit lazy. She likes to wait until the crickets come to her. And yes, this is my first beardie. That's why I was concerned. I don't really know what to expect. I've kept countless other reptiles, but all I know about beardies is what I've read so far. I've researched a LOT before and since I got her, but that's no substitute for first hand knowledge.

Anyway, like I said, I think things are going better now. She's eating a little more now, and there are no signs of being lethargic or sick in any way, so I'm hoping she continues to eat more.
-----
0.9.0 Ball Pythons
0.1.1 Leopard Geckos
0.0.1 Egyptian Tortoise
0.0.1 Bearded Dragons

[ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Need Titles for these pics - rdperry5, Tue Jul 3 08:42:02 2007
<< Previous topic:  ?'s about getting a dragon - shannon20019, Mon Jul 2 08:19:23 2007