return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Python . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Sept 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Venipuncture

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bearded Dragons ]

Posted by: HappyHillbilly at Wed Jul 4 08:48:25 2007   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by HappyHillbilly ]  

I don't have a clue as to whether there is or not, but I can relate to the lack of qualified Vets in the area. You've got to be able to read the Vet, to see if they're intelligent and genuinely care. If so, I'd probably stick with them & both of you learn things together. The only thing about that is the condition of your pet, can it handle being a guinea pig or wait till the Vet gets it right.

I once went to an exotic/reptile Vet but got the impression they didn't have a lot of experience with beardies. However, after watching & listening during that first visit, I found they were honest, caring & intelligent. They even said they wanted to look up some things in their referrence books before they did anything else.

The beardie I had was beyond hope but we didn't know it at that time. I went back for a second visit a week later and I will be using this Vet from here on out.

I hope things work out for your beardie and you.

Hang in there!
HH
-----
Due to political correctness run amuck,
this ol' hillbilly is now referred to as an:
Appalachian American

[ Hide Replies ]

• Venipuncture - rdperry5, Tue Jul 3 08:57:14 2007 image in post
    • You Are HereRE: Venipuncture - HappyHillbilly, Wed Jul 4 08:48:25 2007

>> Next topic:  Black beatles in my house? - TNT06, Tue Jul 3 11:14:41 2007
<< Previous topic:  Need Titles for these pics - rdperry5, Tue Jul 3 08:42:02 2007