return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Python . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Sept 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: bloodwork results question...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bearded Dragons ]

Posted by: lele at Wed Jul 4 13:29:55 2007   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by lele ]  

Hi,

My vet is a herp vet even though he is not ARAV certified (which I have found does not ALWAYS account for specific knowledge). the vet I used to go to, who is ARAV was the only one I ever brought Luna, my veiled chameleon to; he is not only much farther away (not that that would stop me - he saw Luna many, many times and did her necropsy as I was on my way to him when she died) but frankly, when I brought Darwin in for the first time I had a sort of bad experience with him. I decided to test out my now current vet (Dr. N) by just bringing in Darwin for a fecal and general exam so I could size him up - and I liked him. His vet tech, who has beardies and other herps, says that he is always staying current. She said that if he knows I am coming in with a specific problem (like Cy's eye) he will double check info before hand. Cyrus, panther cham, now goes to him and he recently had eye surgery that Dr. N did. He has owned many herps himself and I think my ARAV guy was really more a bird guy.

Don't get me wrong, I fully appreciate what you are saying and Dr. N would be open to it if I do not see any improvement. One of the things I like about him is that he seems to really stay on top of current info. He also does not do a lot of unnecessary testing and is quite honest about what to expect and not. I live in a rural area where there are a lot of livestock vets so Dr. G. and Dr. N are the only ones within a reasonable distance (the others are at least 2 hours). I know ARAV and herpconn listings (I was one who authored the Herp Resource on cham forum with wyvern and another member)so I might call one for input and then talk to Dr. N.

Darwin is not really sick (that's why we are so baffled). If I had to sum it up he is lazy and tired. I know that would seem to be symptomatic of something (I spelled out details and setup in reply to B22) but nothing is showing up. The next thing to do would be an ultrasound and/or x-ray.

Thanks again,
lele
-----
Chameleon Help & Resource Info
1.0 Nosy Be Panther Chameleon - Cyrus
0.1 Veiled Chameleon - Luna. She's now hanging from her big jungle gym in the sky
1.0 Beardie - Darwin
1.1.1 Side-blotched lizards - Ana and Stan
0.2 felines - Kyndra and Lita
0.1 African Clawed Frog - Skippy
0.1 Chilean Rose Hair Tarantula - Rosa Leigh, Died 4/21/06
0.1 Goliath Bird-Eater Tarantula - Natasha, donated to science 4/4/06
?.? Pinktoe Tarantula - no name yet

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: bloodwork results question... - BDlvr, Wed Jul 4 15:08:17 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: bloodwork results question... - PHLdyPayne, Wed Jul 4 12:58:45 2007