return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Python . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Sept 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: bloodwork results question...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bearded Dragons ]

Posted by: BDlvr at Wed Jul 4 18:37:01 2007   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by BDlvr ]  

I think BD's are social creatures. I think they have very few goals in life. Well just 2 really eat and breed. If you get a female he most likely will breed her. But so what? She's going to produce eggs whether he breeds her or not. The only difference is that the eggs would be infertile which are more difficult on the female. After she lays the eggs, you just freeze them and then discard if you don't want babies.

If you were to get a female you would have to have a separate enclosure available as a nest box as well as the quarentine thing. 2 females with one male work best in my opinion. Sort of speads out the abuse. lol. But I know people that have 1 male with 1 female and no problems and often I have only one of each together. The interaction between dragons is also interesting and amusing as opposed to a dragon housed alone that is primarily sedentary.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: bloodwork results question... - lele, Sat Jul 7 19:13:31 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: bloodwork results question... - lele, Wed Jul 4 18:04:32 2007