return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Sept 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: bloodwork results question...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bearded Dragons ]

Posted by: HappyHillbilly at Sun Jul 8 11:48:24 2007   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by HappyHillbilly ]  

Heh, with all the differences of opinions someone has to be wrong, and I don't mind if that someone is me, just as long as this discussion leads to the improved state of this Bearded Dragon. That (improved state) is my ultimate goal, not my being right or wrong.

> > > "...I offer a similiar observation and you immediately tear it apart."

Sorry if you felt I was trying to tear apart your observation, that wasn't what I was trying to do. I was merely addressing each component, individually, merely as a means of showing you that it was not similar, in any way except for both dragons being males.

With the things you mentioned in your last post, I can counterclaim each point you made with solid, concrete evidence found right here within this thread by strictly copy/paste and/or provide links to each post.

For instance, you wrote;
> > > "I don't remember her ever saying that her dragon is "in a steady, continuous, lethargic state". Was this maybe an exageration?"

Please refer to: Due to political correctness run amuck,
this ol' hillbilly is now referred to as an:
Appalachian American
">http://forums.kingsnake.com/view.php?id=1345409,1345927
"The whole story is long and ongoing. It boils down to him never really coming out brumation - lethargic (or lazy), won't eat ANY greens/veggies/fruit except applesauce and that is only if I feed him with a spoon that he licks. He doesn't even eat much in the way of insects. He has always been extremely docile, but he basically never moves."

I rest my case. I could go on but what's the point? I see that emotions are already running high enough as it is.

> > > "Oh and BTW I find it degrading to be called "sport" I am not a child. I am a 44 year old adult with a lot of experience in dragons."

I call everybody I think a lot of "sport." I call 6-yr olds "sport," I also call 86-yr olds, 46-yr olds, 16-yr olds, and even 66-yr olds, "sport." I'm forever calling friends/family "sport," "buddy," "fella," "pal," and maybe even a few more friendly, well-meaning nicknames.

I'm a 45-yr old southern, country boy. Did you get that? I just called myself "boy." It means NOTHING. Its the way I talk, its the way a lot of people my age, from the south, talk and relate to other people.

And not only that, the word "sport" that I use is a noun, it is short for "sportsman" which is related to "sportsmanship."

Webster's online dictionary defines it as: 4 a : SPORTSMAN b : a person considered with respect to living up to the ideals of sportsmanship c : a companionable person

In over 6 years of participation of web forums I've had only one other person get offended by my use of "sport." They were young & immature, had a festering inferiority complex, and not because of anything I said or did.

Hoepfully you're past that. Hopefully you just weren't aware of the context I was using the word, the definition I was basing it on. I'm rarely wrong in my judgement of people, very rarely. The jury's still out on this one.
-----
Due to political correctness run amuck,
this ol' hillbilly is now referred to as an:
Appalachian American

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: bloodwork results question... - BDlvr, Sun Jul 8 11:58:46 2007
>> Next Message:  RE: bloodwork results question... - BDlvr, Sun Jul 8 12:11:44 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: bloodwork results question... - BDlvr, Sun Jul 8 09:54:45 2007