return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

In summary.... with pics.

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: liquid-leaf at Wed Jul 18 11:11:12 2007   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by liquid-leaf ]  

Good point.

I had my doubts that she had taken (and I've posted a lot asking whether people thought she was gravid or not). Sometimes, she looked gravid to me, and at other points not (sometimes within the same week) - but I've never actually seen a gravid boa in person. Some people said "she looks too big to not be gravid" when I was doubtful, but advice so far has been to continue to "wait and see", which I don't want to do if not necessary.

My feeling aren't hurt at all by asking! I just want to know if she is or not, so I'll know how much attention she'll need, and if she's not, to start feeding her normally again! The previous owner said he'd tried to breed them the previous year with courting behavior but no litter.

History - she was with her mate from December on and off until early February. Courting was witnessed, but not copulation. She did swell, and shed somewhere between February 27 and March 2nd. She shed regularly (a month to 6 weeks) before the post-ovulation shed. The boas were not cooled.

She did not lose her appetite, and I fed small meals (one small rat) once every two weeks from March until mid-May, when I stopped feeding. I fed a small meal last week, since I've been getting more doubtful.

She shed again on July 4th (a huge gap for her).

Photos -

October (when I obtained her and her mate):

May:

June 22nd:

June 27th:

I'll take another photo today.
-----
Lauren Madar - OphidiaGems.com | CageMakers
1.0 BP, 1.0 Hog Is., 1.1 Hypo BCI, 1.1 Surinam BCC, 0.1 GTP

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: In summary.... with pics. - liquid-leaf, Wed Jul 18 11:18:41 2007
>> Next Message:  My 0.02$ for what it's worth........ - rainbowsrus, Wed Jul 18 11:40:06 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: X-ray or sonogram - gravid boa exam? - bthacker, Wed Jul 18 10:56:08 2007