return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Frog . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Chameleon . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

You must have missed something (a lot) somewhere in your interpretation of

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Burmese Pythons ]

Posted by: BrianSmith at Thu Aug 21 03:58:31 2003   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by BrianSmith ]  

....all that I said.

Lowering my prices incredibly and "selling them cheap" are not the same thing at all. In addition, I would never sell my offspring to the Joe Blow that you describe below. You are putting all kinds of words into my mouth and I don't appreciate it one bit. When I describe being the biggest python breeder in the world I refer more to my ambitions of breeding and producing as many different species and morphs as I can,. not 200 thousand albino labyrinths per year. Somehow, somewhere, someway, you got me all wrong.

Furthermore, part of the return guarantee is that the animal must be 100% healthy, and besides I always practice STRINGENT quarantine measures at all times with all snakes that arrive. And in addition to that I intend to set up a separate facility altogether for these returned snakes as I do anticipate recieving a considerable percentage at some point. It's not like I throw new snakes in with well established snakes and hope for the best. It's not like I am 12 years old and have some silly unrealistic plan that is not well thought out Joan. I intend to do what is best for the snakes, and still somehow you find a way to ridicule me, judge me, falsely accuse me, and condemn me. Go figure. There are a LOT of ironies with this situation, and not the least of which is that everything I am doing and will do in my life is with the intention to eventually help to put a stop to the abuses and problems that these animals currently endure due to importation or being misplaced or sold to the wrong home. If you care about these same things then you are most certainly wasting your time in this futile attempt to discredit me as I am on the same side of the fence.

I don't know who you are, or who you think you are, but you really should not criticize a person without knowing them or what their priorities, cares and or concerns might be.

>>>> But once my overhead is behind me I am lowering my prices in an incredible way and virtually everyone will be able to afford one of the once hard to get high end morphs....
>>
>>Or put more plainly, your ultimate aim is to produce giant snakes and sell them cheap.
>>
>>Of course when a new morph costs thousands of dollars, THOSE animals aren’t the ones which are poorly treated. But clutches are large and prices fall rapidly. It’s when Joe Blow who’s never kept a snake in his life sees how inexpensively he can acquire a retic, burm or rock – those are the animals that end up on the scrap heap. It is either extremely naïve or extremely disingenuous for you to say you intend to be the largest breeder of giant snakes on the planet (this while spurning pet shop sales and selling only to the end user) AND that you will take back any and all animals your customers no longer want. At any rate, that guarantee would be a guarantee that you would be opening up your collection to all sorts of diseases and pests carried by the “returned goods.”
>>
>>To our herpetological society’s adoption program (from which Rob’s facility has gotten some cool critters) an albino Burmese python is just - another Burmese python. Most “high end morphs” of the species we’re talking about face the same future.
>>
>>-Joan
>>
-----
If 50% of one's enemies are still breathing,... it just means you're doing a half-assed job.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  a question about your guarantee - O_S, Thu Aug 21 08:01:16 2003

<< Previous Message:  But you’ve proved Rob’s point with this statement: - jfmoore, Thu Aug 21 03:12:33 2003