return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

please help...breeding and RI

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: Bergmantis at Sun Nov 4 09:53:02 2007   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Bergmantis ]  

I just put the male in with the female yesturday. This past month, the males temps were 80-83. I have one concern. Upon putting him in with the female, I noticed his right nostril looked a little (but not fully) clogged with a grayish crust. He makes very quiet whistling sounds once in a while and when I hold him, I can feel his neck sort of vibrate when he whistles. Other than that, his nostrils dont bubble with mucus, he doesnt open his mouth to breathe, but will sometimes rest his head along the side of the cage in an elevated position.

I have whitnessed this before with him (2 months ago) and also with my 2 other female boas. I have brought the females to the vet (this was a long time ago) and the vet said it wasnt a RI and they soon shed and were all fine. When the male had this before, I increased his temps and he shed and was fine too. He has been with the female since last night and showed some interest when I first put him in but not anymore, although it has only been 12 hours. The temps are 82 cool and 88 hot.

My question is should I leave them together and just keep an eye on things, or should I just pull the male and increase temps just in case it is an RI? Or should I leave them together and increase temps anyways because if it is an RI, she would have caught it too. How is breeding going to be affected by this?

Thanks a lot,

Mat

[ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Bolivian - marter, Sun Nov 4 13:53:04 2007
<< Previous topic:  Questions about pastel red tail - JeniNicole83, Sun Nov 4 09:39:08 2007