return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Python . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Sept 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I believe Davey Fig has experience on

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: bcijoe at Fri Nov 9 11:13:58 2007   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by bcijoe ]  

this. If he sees this maybe he'll post that pic again.

I believe it was he that had posted pics of one baby boa constrictor having eaten another.

If I remember correctly, they were 2 babies he had produced and housed together, and it wasn't a feeding accident, meaning, during feeding.

To ad to the other post, 'feeding response' accidents can happen at anytime.

Boas are naturally solitary animals, and being used to being alone, that night she may have just seen a movement that seemed out of the norm, and reacted... struck and wrapped.

The fact that the male likely struggled gave the female more of that 'feeding response', making it seem more like her prey was struggling, giving her more reason to 'finish the job', so to speak.

At this point, I guess you can just be on the lookout for large, strange poop! 8)

Hope she makes it ok! (literally and figuratively...lol 8)

Take care, Joe
-----
Thanks and take care - Joe Rollo
'Tis not the stongest of the species that will eventually survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change' Charles Darwin

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  Davey Fig's pics.. - rainbowsrus, Fri Nov 9 12:56:03 2007

<< Previous Message:  Info on Cannibalistic Boas please - Sharpman, Thu Nov 8 15:04:19 2007