return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Python . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Sept 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Update and a 3 pair breeding pic!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: voodoomagik at Thu Nov 8 16:01:34 2007   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by voodoomagik ]  

Hi, everybody!
I hope you're all doing well. I've been too busy to actually post anything these days and have barely had time to lurk, but I see everyone seems to be having a great breeding season. Congratulations, everyone! Things seem to be going well here, too.
About a month ago, I put the males in with the females. The hypos in the top cage began breeding within 5 minutes and haven't stopped since.
A week or two later, the male albino started breeding the female DH sunglow in the middle cage.
Last weekend, my girlfriend and I took an overnight trip. We had our first little temperature drop and, when we came back, our arabesque het albino was breeding our female hypo in the bottom cage.
At this point, all I'm waiting for is to see some action from our pair of nicaraguans and our anery x dh ghost pair. That's all we're doing this year and I'm optimistic. There's already starting to be a little bit of "tail stuff" from the nics and the female anery seems to be "going through changes."
I checked the weather for our zip code and we don't see the biggest temperature drops until December and January. Like Danktat said, they DO seem to know when the temps drop OUTSIDE despite what we do inside, so I imagine things will be picking up within the next couple of months. I know that a lot of breeders here in Florida and on the east coast in general don't even put their animals together until December so I’m pretty excited.
Better go! Gotta give a test tonight. I'm never teaching 9 classes a semester AGAIN!
Good luck everybody!
Aaron

[ Hide Replies ]

• You Are HereUpdate and a 3 pair breeding pic! - voodoomagik, Thu Nov 8 16:01:34 2007 image in post

>> Next topic:  "Angry Eyes" - jscrick, Thu Nov 8 18:00:51 2007
<< Previous topic:  Info on Cannibalistic Boas please - Sharpman, Thu Nov 8 15:04:19 2007