return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Lets have story time?????

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: NUCCIZ_BOAS at Sat Nov 10 19:33:28 2007   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by NUCCIZ_BOAS ]  

I just thought it would be interesting if everybody put in some input of how certain morphs came about..... I know it sparks my interest to know who/when/how certain things were produced and first discovered. The only one I really know the story of is the Albino and Pete Kahl. I will share the story to the best of my knowledge, and if anybody else has input or corrections, please feel free to share. Any other morph stories, lets have the name of the morph in the subject line.

Pete Kahl recieved a pair of albino boa males back in 1989???? He payed an outragous amount for them from what I've heard. He successfully bred one of the males to multiple females and produced het babies in 1992. If I remember correctly, he power fed one of the females to breeding size the following year and bred it back to the albino male. She became gravid, and had a litter of 19? babies..... Of which the first 16 were all normals het albino, and numbers 17, 18, and 19 were the albinos. Imagine the anticipation watching all those normal boas being born without a single albino until the very end of the litter.....

Thanks to all who put in input on this, lets see how many of the morphs we can put a story behind. The ones Im interested are... well, all of them, but in particular:

Sharp albino
Hypomelanistic
Motley
Arabesque
Aztec
Scoria
Anerythristic
Jeff Ronne Pastels
Jungle

Lets hear em!

[ Show Entire Thread ]