return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - July 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - July 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - July 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - July 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - July 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - July 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - July 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - July 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - July 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

alterna people I hear are INSANE....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Gray-banded Kingsnakes ]

Posted by: FRoberts at Thu Jun 5 06:14:15 2008   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FRoberts ]  

I am sure they spend (spent) more then they make (made).

I believe it was the thrill of the hunt and not to mention a touch of notoriety amongst them.

With it crop of wannabe Amateurs at best raping the landscape and them having the cuffs slapped on their dreams because their secret got out to people without discretion.

With that the good 'ole days where born!!!

Now they suffer this :

A true love of locale animals that probably brings them torment when they see people crossing the line in their captive breeding projects, making what they worked so hard at...slowly vanish.

>>What was the origin and time frame regarding naming localities of alterna? Like when collectors/breeders transitioned from saying "I found a cool alterna out west" to " I found a 9-mile, south hill, Boy scout", etc.
>>
>> Who or which group promoted it personally or commercially?
>>
>>When?
>>
>>Did it have anything to do with the alterna page and named localities on the site?
>>
>>Just wondering, thanks

-----
=========================================================
Roberts Realm Of Reptile Research
=========================================================
Thanks,

Frank Roberts

I opened my mouth and out flowed a melody black.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Locality origins ?????? - krhodes, Wed May 28 17:36:00 2008