return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Sept 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

escaped from tank, advice where it went?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Ball Pythons ]

Posted by: songwriter at Sun Nov 9 09:42:44 2008   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by songwriter ]  

Hello everyone, my wife & I got a Ball for my 18 y/o son a few weeks ago (I want one now!). it's about 12-14 inches long and kept in a 10 gallon fish tank with a wire mesh top that he keeps a light fixture upon for heat (as well as an under tank reptile heater).

He woke up yesterday morning and apparently the little bugger had pushed the top aside and got out during the night.

We live in a double wide mobile home & have 3 cats and an adult Corgie dog, all of which haven't acted any differently as if there was something 'new' lying around to play with.

The Ball has started shedding and left small amounts of skin in the tank but we cannot find ANY trace anywhere else in the house of any shed skin. The animals haven't eaten or played with it (no blood, etc.).

My son and I practically tore the house apart all day long yesterday looking for it. You name it, we've looked there, moved everything from flipping over furniture, looking inside subwoofer speakers, moved and looked under stove/fridge/wahser/dryer, emptied clothes drawers etc.

From the inside of the smallest shoe, pockets of clean/dirty clothes, my son even (finally) cleaned his room by emptying it completely while scouring the smallest nook. We went room by room with no sign unless it crawled into the bathtub and went down the drain. Yes I even checked the small space under the kitchen counter & the floor where there's access from where the dishwasher used to be.

Every box that had an opening was opened and dug through, kitchen counters were scoured. If I had a million dollars, i'd bet it all that the darn thing wasn't in the house!
I'm at my wits end unless it could climb the smooth surface of my 6' tall wall units and is sitting on top.

Any advice please???
Have you lost yours and where did you find it?

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  He's under the fridge n/p - mikebell, Sun Nov 9 10:04:04 2008
>> Next Message:  RE: escaped from tank, advice where it w - toshamc, Sun Nov 9 12:11:59 2008 image in post
>> Next Message:  RE: escaped from tank, advice where it went? - crazygecko, Sun Nov 9 12:47:38 2008
>> Next Message:  RE: escaped from tank, advice where it went? - insangelic, Sun Nov 9 13:00:13 2008
>> Next Message:  RE: escaped from tank, advice where it went? - mistysprouse, Sun Nov 9 17:31:19 2008