return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Tip for wet heads

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Ball Pythons ]

Posted by: exoticball at Tue Nov 11 01:20:56 2008   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by exoticball ]  

A easy way to get their heads wet is very high humidity; however as you have stated the spray bottle is not one of their favorites and if you are using a bedding like aspine bedding this can be very dangerous as aspine can mold. So I like to remove then from their cage and take them to the most humid room in the house. Where would that be you may ask??? Before I tell you you must promise not to look at me like a freak! Ok, that we have agreed. The most humid place in the house it the bathroom. Close the door, turn the shower on warm, and in minutes you have a nice humid clement. HOWEVER, there are some things to take into consider ration before your snakes go in. First of all when what the bathroom cleaned last and with what. You do not want to loss your pet do to poisons from some cleaner. Also Temp is always important to hot, to long, death. And do not leave then unattended. I normally put them on the shower rod and let them wonder around for 10-15 mins before I try to pull the skin. They can fall off the rod and if the water is to hot and no way of escape can also lead to death.

This may sound like a very risky way to wet heads but it seems to be the easiest for me, just use common sense if you use this method and as I said keep a close eye on them.

Matt

[ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Ball morph stereotypes - KRach13, Sun Nov 9 23:40:54 2008
<< Previous topic:  Post shed pics of Caramel Clown??? - jsschrei, Sun Nov 9 22:16:51 2008