return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Tip for wet heads

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Ball Pythons ]

Posted by: SnakeCharmer77 at Sun Nov 16 15:11:39 2008   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by SnakeCharmer77 ]  

Thanks for your help Matt...and others who responded
Last night I finally got the most of it off of her head. I was worried about eyecaps and over her right nostril. She whistled when she breathed because that nostril was just a pinhole size because of the dead skin.
I put her in one of those plastic ice cream buckets (empty of course) with a damp wash cloth and left her in there with it for a little bit. and i misted her neck and head too...and a few times i would pick her up and make her rub her head on the rag, or i would try to get some of it started.
she had a part of it broken on her left side, and she was able to finally rub it off of her eye. you could almost tell there was excitement and relief cause she could see better out of at least one eye..lol...i think she finally realized i was just trying to help her because she didnt flinch so much and she was more patient with me..
so i put her back with the rag in the bucket to let the other side get more soft.
then,while holding her behind the head, i carefully pulled more off of her with a pair of tweezers, like youd suggested before...
she flinched a few times-half heartedly trying to get away. but she was perfectly still for the most part and i was able to pull it off of her other eye, her nostril and labial area. it was very weird pulling it off of her eye-lol but i felt better and i think she did too. she had a bit of it still left on the back of her head and start of her neck..but im not so worried about that....
i put her back for a few minutes to settle down and then to "reward" her i fed her lol...
she was ready for it anyways.
i need to step up size of food though cause these little small hoppers she eats isnt enough-shes kinna skinny and shes not full around- kind of loose skin thing too...fatter hoppers maybe or just small mice like my male gets..lol...
anyways...just wanted to say
THANKS!!!!!!!

-----
~Snake Charmer~

3.1 dogs (church, bandit, willy and tonka)
0.2 cats (squeaky, cami)
1.1 'normal' ball pythons (zenith, zahara)and i want more snakes. guess you can say im developing a "reptile addiction"- lol

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Tip for wet heads - exoticball, Tue Nov 11 01:20:56 2008