return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Garter Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I hate to be negative...............

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Ball Pythons ]

Posted by: Wallbanger26 at Tue Nov 11 00:19:17 2008   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Wallbanger26 ]  

wait, no I don't. I sit and brainstorm for at least an hour a day with the guys I know that breed snakes. There's about 6 of us. All of us wish we can make the next NEW morph, to hell with big. It would be nice just to say I have something you don't. But what's left???? Maybe something with the fire? Or the Chocolate? How about a fire x chocolate? (I'm sure someone will post a picture of that in a response! LOL)

My point is no matter how hard you try, chances are someone else has done it and you didn't know, someone else is doing it and will beat you, or it's just too expensive to get into right now. You don't think I'd love to make some phantom crosses, or banana crosses, or champaigns......... what "little" breeder has that kind of money????? That's the best and worst thing about this. What's $10,000 today, is $3000 next year and $300 the year after that.

I admire those of you who manage to make new stuff. It's what keeps me coming back. I may not be able to afford the expensive stuff, but I can usually afford the ingrediants to make it myself. If not, I'll wait a year or two. But to think any "little" breeder can compete with the big guys is ambitious to say the least. Maybe one day we'll all be big breeders, but for now, I settle for chasing them.

I wish everyone good luck this season. Maybe a little guy will blow my mind this year.

[ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  How long does it take for... - BCRHerps, Tue Nov 11 11:57:22 2008
<< Previous topic:  Burmation - wautomasnake, Mon Nov 10 18:54:08 2008