return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: The next big morph

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Ball Pythons ]

Posted by: jayefbe at Tue Nov 11 18:28:26 2008   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by jayefbe ]  

Man, I agree completely. I'm so tired of people complaining about the drop in price of balls. The REAL problem is that they bought snakes that were way overpriced in the past, and the number of people producing balls has increased at a far greater rate than the market has. Of course the price is going to drop. Plus, the high prices were dictated upon rarity and hype. Once that's gone, the price is going to drop precipitously.

I think the lower prices is nothing but good for the whole community. At lower prices the consumer market expands exponentially. The market will never survive if you continue to sell to other breeders that are essentially your competitors. The idea is to one day make these incredible snakes available to the every day ball python owner, not someone that's only interested in purchasing them as an investment. I don't think the lower prices is marking the end of the ball python morph craze, it only makes it more available to the average small-time breeder. And maybe people will begin to realize that spending a a couple thousand on a nice variety of morphs is a better investment than mortgaging your house and spend tens of thousands on a morph that's going to plummet in price by the time you're ready to breed them. Cuz guess what, the big time breeder has such a surplus of stock that the market is already saturated and there's dozens of other breeders that had the exact same idea.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  Who was complaining... - Wallbanger26, Tue Nov 11 21:51:56 2008

<< Previous Message:  RE: The next big morph - mykee, Tue Nov 11 12:48:17 2008