return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - June 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - July 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - July 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - July 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - July 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - July 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - July 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - July 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - July 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Heather, I think you have made some

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: vcaruso15 at Thu Jan 15 08:03:20 2009   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by vcaruso15 ]  

I think Heather made some good points also, but from the looks of the mother of the litter, keeping in mind I cant see her tail in the picure posted, doesnt appear to have a ladder tail. The father clearly doesnt have a ladder tail. I believe this means the laddertail does not play into the Harlequin Patternless genetics.

I do believe Heathers laddertails are the hetero form of the Roswell boa however.

My question is does the father of the Patternless have any BCC blood in him? If so, is he in any way related to the mother of the litter? I think the answers to this question will be very telling. If he has no BCC blood or relation to the mother of the litter I would have to say the Patternless genetics do not come from the BCC blood.

I think most would agree the patternless is the homo or "super" form of a mutuation regardless if it proves to be co-dom or simple recessive. This would tell me that the "Patternless" gene was in both parents. I would look for traits that both parents have in common and target them as possible "het patternless" markers.

I think this will prove to be a reproducable genetic mutuation. I also believe the genetics may ride the fine line between being co-dom and simple recessive. I feel there will prove to be subtle visual traits of "Het Harlequin Patternless" almost like the Yellow Belly Ball Python.

I have absolutely no facts to back up my theory so take it for what you will. I do have a small group of Harlequins and I am hoping to see if any of my animals carry the Patternless gene within the next few years.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  Good points as well. Here is a pic of - skyslinger, Thu Jan 15 10:02:24 2009 image in post

<< Previous Message:  Heather, I think you have made some - skyslinger, Thu Jan 15 06:37:12 2009