return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Rosy Boa . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

’08 "Show & Tell" . . .DUW

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: JJsBoas at Thu Jan 15 16:18:34 2009   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by JJsBoas ]  

Hey everyone,

It’s been awhile since I’ve posted. I’m in my last semester of school, and the chaos comes and goes in waves.

Anyway, since everyone seems to be in midst of breeding season, I thought I’d post some pics of my most notable holdbacks and acquisitions from last year.

First off, here are some current pics of a few of the ’08 babies I obtained last year:

’08 Female Hypo Pastel Motley TH Ghost (not sure exactly what to call this girl, but you get the idea) produced by Dave Colling of Rainbows-R-Us.

She is coming along quite nicely. Growing up nice and slow, just how I like.

’08 Male Pastel Summit Salmon, also produced by Dave Colling from his “Reese’s Pieces” litter. My camera skills suck, but this little guy’s color is unbelieveable, and I can only imagine that he’d get better and better as he grows up.

’08 Male Jungle, produced by Matt Bauman of Constrictors & Assoc. He’s a low expression jungle, but his jungle color and contrast sure are coming in, and I swear he gets better looking everytime I open up his tub.

’08 Female B.C. Longicauda 66% Het Anery, also produced by Matt Bauman. She’s a little gal and, I don’t know if it’s just me, but these Longi’s sure do grow up slow. No rush, she’s a cool little boa.

Next are my holdbacks from litters that I produced last year.

’08 Male1 Sunglow Het Moonglow, from breeding a Female Anery Het Snow x Male DH Sunglow. Here’s one of the more interesting shots that I got in my camera’s macro mode.

This guy is something I’ve been excited about for quite some time. I’ve wanted to produce a snow boa since I began keeping boas over 10 years ago. I’m one step closer with these guys, and even have a chance at some moonglows now.

I have a couple '06 Anery poss Het Snow gals waiting for this guy and his brother to grow up. Here’s my other male sunglow (brother to the one above).

’08 Male2 Sunglow Het Moonglow. I think he has a more “washed out” look than his brother.

Last but definitely not least is a little girl that is the lone survivor of a very unfortunate litter from a Female DH Sunglow x Male Albino. The poor mom pretty much slugged out with 30+ slugs and 3 premie babies (1 stillborn normal, 1 albino, and this 1 hypo). She was born with some unabsorbed yolk and luckily absorbed it within a day or so, and she has been doing fine ever since. She also has a cool reduced pattern going on.

Anyway, thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed my “show and tell.” I got a few more to share but these are my favorite ‘08s.

Anyone else want to “show and tell” some of the favorites that they produced and/or acquired from last year.

Good luck to everyone this year.

Regards,

Jay

[ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  08 Harlequin Possible Super Hypo - skyslinger, Thu Jan 15 17:05:03 2009
<< Previous topic:  Longicauda - minicopilot, Thu Jan 15 16:17:11 2009