return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Corn Snake . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - June 09, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - June 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - June 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - June 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - July 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - June 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - June 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - June 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - July 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - July 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: They look Jungle -- but ......

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: patoquack at Wed Jan 21 00:31:27 2009   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by patoquack ]  

I don't mean to sound defensive since I was asking for opinions but I wanted to share my reactions.

I do think I have some reliable info as to the basic genetics of the parents since they were bought from respected and trusted individuals so I do know "something" of the genetics of the babies - but you are correct in that I chose to breed a combination of genetic traits that can both show similar aberrancies and that I can't be certain as to what is causing these particular aberrancies - which is again why I was asking the question in the first place and why I labled them as I did.

Also, I'm not sure why you chose to say that this sort of breeding was "not really a good thing to do.." sort of sounds like maybe you believe that other breeders should not have tried to breed different strains of albinos together..? I tend to think that we learn something from experimentation and trying new things - but someone could disagree with that. and I'm not sure we can really expect any one breeder to be responsible for what some other individual will do once we have sold a boa.. do you believe producing hypo-hogs or any other crosses is also "not a really good thing to do" based on the possibility that at some point down the road someone else could lable that boa as something else?

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: They look Jungle -- but ...... - Taylorgilbert, Wed Jan 21 10:25:58 2009
>> Next Message:  RE: They look Jungle -- but ...... - Morgans Boas, Wed Jan 21 13:15:51 2009

<< Previous Message:  They look Jungle -- but ...... - Morgans Boas, Tue Jan 20 20:31:25 2009