return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I have to agree with Tom on that

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: skyslinger at Tue Jan 27 00:46:48 2009   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by skyslinger ]  

point about doing it even if I was a billionaire. I started out with a nice pastel pair that were given to me by an animal control guy that needed them taken care of because I had wanted a boa since I was 8 or 9 years old. Then I saw the striped albinos and wanted to my own full striper albino. Then my addiction got out of control and I came across a super cheap way to make lots of cages by aquiring a HUGE amount of lab rat racks and started raising rats. That soon was out of control and I had to start selling the excess which perpetuated the buying snakes and building a rat house and more animals and . . . well you get the idea. Then I got hurt and I was blessed to have started making a profit just when I needed to. If this year goes well I should be on my way to living everyone's dream of earning a living doing what we love. Either way, I am hooked for life and spend my days dreaming of the next project. You lose a lot of sleep but do it while dreaming. It is crazy. Their are way to many variables to tell someone how they will do but if you love what your doing the money is just a bonus. . .IF you make any at all. At least your still making killer boas and that is what really matters. Good luck to all out their living the dream and dreaming of litters!
-----
Ty Hege
Rat Race Solutions
www.ratracesolutions.com

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  Retire with a million dollars!! - viandy, Tue Jan 27 06:40:23 2009

<< Previous Message:  breeding boas 4 profit - bigboa101, Mon Jan 26 22:02:52 2009