return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Alligator Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Vans pulls misguided ad . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - July 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - June 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - June 22, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - June 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - July 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - July 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - July 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - July 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - July 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: BILL, WHY DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO SAY...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: gainesreptiles at Thu Feb 19 19:49:37 2009   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by gainesreptiles ]  

I really do not want to get into a lot of back and forth chatter, but let me briefly address a couple of your comments.

First, this is exactly the problem with written communications (both forum dialogue and emails) ... too much room for mis-interpretation, etc. For example, I never said you were "not in the know" ... my comment was just the opposite, meaning that the heavy posters seem to have all the answers and many come across as the "know-it-alls" (you decide for yourself where you fit). Also, "taking the easy way out"? ... sounds more like someone trying to challenge you rather than simply asking for clarification.

As far as my comment on "hype" (I didn't know that I was going to have to explain myself on everything I say), Jeff Ronne explained it very well sometime in the past ... not verbatum, but it's like a box of chocolates ... you can get too much of it to the point it is sicking. A reasonable amount of hype is OK ... merely be excited about something new or wanting to share is to be expected. And on a side note, I recall most of my Snow boa marketing was done in my classified ads ... very little on the forums.

Now for the one you have been waiting for ... value of the 2 albino bloodlines. It just popped out as I was typing ... probably from all the "Sharp hype" tossed out in the forums ... too many chocolates for me. I like them both, and as I said in my original reply, I have only 1 pair of albinos in my entire collection. Heck, the Sunglows have beat down the values of both albino bloodlines, and there are plenty of Sunglows available for everyone (I don't have any). And yes (previous reply), the Paradigm has added value to the Sharp bloodline.

Hope this answers most of your questions.

I am done with this string.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: BILL, WHY DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO SAY... - dan80woma, Thu Feb 19 20:46:51 2009

<< Previous Message:  BILL, WHY DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO SAY... - michaelburton, Thu Feb 19 18:40:27 2009 image in post