return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: PIJAC PET ALERT on H.R.669 - Text Ver.

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Herp Law Center & Forum ]

Posted by: runswithturtles at Sat Apr 4 19:02:57 2009   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by runswithturtles ]  

I tried to tell you guys a long time ago there was an agenda against keeping animals. I got scoffed at then.
I was blasted with comments like, Oh scientist and other groups are not going to do that.
Who was it on here that kept saying that there is no such agenda ? Well, I know what I am talking about.

Anyway I stopped keeping box turtles because there was no support from anyone for the turtle keepers.
Now I keep goldfish. But, I see they are not on the list to be banned. But instead of throwing you guys under the bus by saying they have a good scientific reason to ban all of your animals, I instead will lend my support for your right to keep them.
The fact is there is not a good reason to stop people from captive producing box turtles. The breeders take in few wild caught and make way more of them.
No law banning or saying an animal is protected (AKA prohibited) will have anything to do with saving them in the wild. Only saving there habitat and making sanctuaries do this.
In all of the places were protected species have made a come back it was in protected habitat or habitat not touched by development. Even if you list an animal as protected you still need a place for it to live in the wild and make a come back or it just goes extinct anyway. The only other thing that can be done is captive propagation and they are shutting this down (except when they do it then it gets credit).

I have a post (two post because it messed up and did not copy the first part so I posted it under that one) farther down. You guys should read it.
Hopefully now you guys know there is an agenda as me and a few others have been saying all along.
I may be crazy but I am not being a paranoid schizophrenic here. LOL ! Eric

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  PIJAC PET ALERT on H.R.669 - Text Ver. - jeffb, Tue Mar 31 20:22:14 2009