return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: investment killed...big breeder gree

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: ckoutris at Sat Apr 11 23:25:25 2009   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by ckoutris ]  

I think i understand what you're saying but I don't necessarily agree with it. Forgive me if I am totally off base because for one morphs are not my thing. Also I have never bought an animal that I didn't want regardless of what kind of financial gain it might bring me in the future. What confuses me about posts like this is lack of research on marketing trends dealing with morphs, mutations what have you. Like I said not my thing but I have been keeping Snakes for over twenty years, through my teens I worked at an Exotic pet shop, and worked professionally at the Reptile House at the National Zoo. So I do have experience and I'm not just blowing smoke. I think back when albino burmese were introduced and how expensive they were and to see how the price dropped drastically with them. I don't see how any other morph is different. Some might produce less and the price might drop at a slower rate but the price is going to drop no matter what. It all depends on how fast. It has been said before buy what you like not what you can profit from it. Because unless you have the founding group or its offspring of a new morph chances are you not going to make a huge financial gain when it's time for your animals to reproduce. I don't think big breeders selling animals should state whether or not an animal is a good financial investment. If they did then they would be wrong and I would agree with you. But I have never seen this and I doubt when you sell your offspring that you would have a sign above them stating "Best investment, Make your Money Back and More." LOL I know that is a little overboard but I don't know what else to say because the facts are there and have always been there. Well I think I have made my point if I am totally off base please let me know. I hope I didn't offend anyone because that was not my intention and if I did please let me know. i wish everyone the best as we are faced with much bigger problems right now.
-----
Charles Koutris

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  investment killed...big breeder greed! - arcanemind, Sat Apr 11 21:41:04 2009