return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Milk Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Ed, I read...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Rainbow Boas ]

Posted by: paulbuck at Fri May 8 09:14:07 2009   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by paulbuck ]  

Ed,
I really did'nt think you'd care one way or another if I read your posts or not. What I wanted you to think about is that you start becoming less credible when you state absolutes. When it comes to this subject your less credible because of your seemingly inflexible stance and absolute phrasings like government scientists. I may have missed some but the above post you wrote in response to my OT was the first time that you stated not all gov scientist are junk peddlers (my phrasing there, poetic license). I've learned you can reach the broadest audience by being reasonable. That is what I think you should care about.
What have I done? I've spent the last 20 years and 8 months (hey, only 9 yrs 4 months til retirement, you'll be supporting me if you like it or not!) collecting the best data I could. I've represented my agency and government with integrity and pride. Silly as it sounds now, I was so proud to sign on with the USGS. I'm still proud at 47 years old. When your tax dollars go to me be assured its money well spent. Seriously.
So thats what I've done. Lived it for 20 plus years. Come out in the field with me and I'm willing to bet you'd have a new appreciation for the USGS and at least some of your government servants.
Maybe I should sit down more often on my butt and fire off some incendiary emails; that seems to be the modern day radical now. Naw, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. Pillow feels soft at night.
Thanks for reading,
Paul

I couldn't care less if you read my posts or not. I'm posting all this for a reason, and if I say something stupid, that comes along with the cause. I've already provided evidence to support the hurricane release theory, along with friggin' common sense to back it up.

For anyone interested, some good articles on the subject
can be foun at:

http://www.vpi.com/publications

So Paul, what have YOU done to fight the JUNK, GARBAGE science being spewed by the *corrupt* government scientists? This is not a trivial thing, it's an egregious abuse of power by someone entrusted by "we the people." I will not apologize for trying to spread the word on corrupt government scientists who publish nonsense to cause mass hysteria to an unaware public. I will not
apologize for attacking CORRUPT GOVERNMENT SCIENTISTS claiming Burmese Pythons can establish wild populations in Delaware.
What have you done, Paul? You are a scientist. Above all others, you should be leading the charge against garbage science.
If you've done nothing, then you are part of the problem, and you will be partly responsible when the government outlaws your rainbow boas and the rest of our pets.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Ed, I read... - zimbabwepegasus, Sat May 9 00:15:49 2009
>> Next Message:  RE: Ed, I read... - TOM_CRUTCHFIELD, Sat May 9 00:36:06 2009

<< Previous Message:  Paul, please read - natsamjosh, Fri May 8 07:07:04 2009