return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

stillwater hypo bullsnakes

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Pine/Bull/Gopher Snakes ]

Posted by: amarty at Sun May 24 18:14:11 2009   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by amarty ]  

Hello,
My name is A Marty I thought you folks would be interested to Know the origins of the stillwater hypo bullsnakes. In 1990 a good friend by the name of Bill Fitzgerald, owner of Riverside Reptile Ranch in Stanton MO, went to the Waynoka OK rattlesnake roundup. He often did this to rescue as many snakes as he could. While there he noticed a bucket full of bullsnakes. One was a real nice orange color. However he had to purchase the entire bucket. He paid $15.00 for them all. He released all but the orange one. She was a 5 foot female and obviously gravid. She laid 7 very large eggs. They all hatched. This would be her only clutch in captivity and she died 2 years later. I ended up with a pair from that clutch. In 1994 I bred them and ended up with 8 viable eggs and 2 slugs. The offspring where a mix of hypos and normal orange bullsnakes. Next year I bred them again with the same results. In 1996 I was going through a divorce and sold my bullsnakes to Ginter. I am extremely happy that so many people enjoy them. I would like to hear from folks breeding them.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: stillwater hypo bullsnakes - pyromaniac, Tue Jul 28 18:09:11 2009