return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Nov 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Nov 10, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Nov 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: 09 Black Heads are well on their way

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Python Forum ]

Posted by: derekroddy at Fri Jul 10 09:20:36 2009   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by derekroddy ]  

I don't worry so much about people and their "want" for stuff....or a "full cage" issue.
Most of the BHP pairs I've sold.... have been to guys that had 1 too many pairs of Boas, Carpets, Bloods, etc....and were looking for something else.....a step up...if you will...as they were "bored" with the everyday stuff. (Or have been waiting their whole life until they could afford them).
BHPs are close to the "end of the line" for many keepers (mostly because of price)....And, I find that there are still plenty of keepers who will sell something to put BHPs in their collection...(as most of the guys I've sold BHPs too...waited most of their life to get them). There are still a lot of those guys out there.
In addition....there is always new people coming into the hobby.

I agree about supply vs demand...and judging from the amount of phone calls and e mails I get......there is still a big demand.

With these animals though...people who are going to buy....want "the right ones" (as I been told each time I sell a pair)
not necessarily the "cheapest ones".

I believe Womas will come back up over time as well. Most are selling their adults because of this perceived "tanking" of their market.
Hell I sold 09 Womas... for double what people are asking on Kingsnake this year....they haven't seemed to "tank" to me or my wallet. Haha.
Have they come down?....yes. Have they "tanked"?.....absolutely not.
Quality always sells........regardless of price.

Cheers,
D.

[ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Info for DRoddy - AbsoluteApril, Mon Jul 6 12:07:18 2009
<< Previous topic:  Today's hatch! - Tom Keogan, Thu Jul 2 06:54:45 2009