return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: New Hognose

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Hognose Snakes ]

Posted by: Lunar-reptiles at Fri Sep 19 05:13:14 2003   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Lunar-reptiles ]  

What these guys are trying to tell you, I will repeat. Let it go. Eastern Hognose prefer toads to all other foods. Getting a WC switched over to mice is virtually impossible. Since it is getting close to colder weather, you will have a bugger of a time finding toads soon. Know what that means? Your snake will starve to death. I agree with the suggestion to get a CB western to start with but if you simply must have an eastern, go buy a cbb eastern that was started on pinks and has never seen or smelled a toad.

Also, You need to chill out. You asked for advice and didn't like what you heard. Know what? It happens to all of us. The best bet is to LISTEN to the advice you are given by people who have done this for years. For instance, I REALLY REALLY want cat geckos but they are harder to acclimate and I was given the advice that unless I have lots of time to take with their care that I shouldn't do it. Know what? I don't own any cat geckos. I listened to a person who has years more experience than I have, and if he has a hard time with them..I will too.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  Nice post. Very even-headed. np - snakeguy88, Fri Sep 19 07:56:59 2003
>> Next Message:  sigh... - meretseger, Fri Sep 19 08:23:15 2003

<< Previous Message:  New Hognose - RedAwaya1, Wed Sep 17 15:24:18 2003