return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Results of my calls (what about you?)

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Herp Law Center & Forum ]

Posted by: PHFaust at Wed Nov 4 11:44:47 2009   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by PHFaust ]  

Update of my calls today. This is my third round of calls. Three days three sets of calls. Started at 10:40 central time. Ended at 11:37. Between each call I worked on this post, which I didn't start until I started making calls. Please share your call reactions as well. Anything major stand out or was shared? The more we know the better we can move ahead.

Congressman Kendrick Meek (D-FL)
DC# said thank you for calling and recording
FL # informed me congressman Meek's constituents wanted this bill passed and that is how he is planning on voting. He also admonished me for "wasting my time calling from WI since this is a local issue."

Congressman Alcee Hastings (D-FL)
DC# Actually recorded my name spelling and zip code.
FL# - Once again recorded my info and said thank you.

Congressman John Lewis (D-GA)
DC# - Stated they have gotten a lot of calls this morning about it! Good job folks!!!
GA # - Asked if I was resident of GA but also logged call and was very pleasant.

Congressman Robert Wexler (D-FL)
Both #'s - a mere thank you and noted my call was logged.

Congresswoman Mazie Hirono (HI-2)

Congressman Tom Rooney (R-FL)
DC# - A thank you and the girl asked if I called yesterday.
FL# - I went into a voice mail because all lines were busy. I do hope it was herpers calling in!!!!

Congressman Bobby Scott (D-VA)

Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren (D-CA)
DC# - logged and recorded
CA# - logged recorded and supplied me with my congressman's # as well and urged me to call them.

Congresswoman Shelia Jackson Lee (D-TX)

Congresswoman Maxine Waters (D-CA)

Congressman Steve Cohen (D-TN)
DC requested address info and urged me to call local reps as well.
TN placed on hold. Hopefully that means the call volume is high! This one also took full information.

Congressman Pedro Pierluisi (D-PR)

Congressman Bob Goodlatte (R-VA)
DC - Logged my call
VA - was very hostile in regards to people needing to call their actual congressman. She gave me a lecture regarding the fact that what happens in WI does not impact VA. Please tell me this is frustration from too many out of state calls.

Congressman Dan Lungren (R-CA)
DC - Girl was WONDERFUL! Knew the bill, knew the big reasons, told me calls have been busy the last two days, but that today has been CRAZY. She was extremely pleasant and chatted a moment. She will be passing along a "stack" of names to the congressman. While he has no stance on the issue at this point the overwhelming national volume of calls will give him something to definately consider.
CA - This office once again knew what HR2811 was when I got it out of my mouth. Very pleasant person as well. Also reminded me to call my rep.

Congressman Louie Gohmert (R-TX)

Congressman Ted Poe (R-TX)

Congressman Randy Forbes (R-VA)
DC - Logged, asked location and passed along that the congressman opposed the bill in its original form, and while he is going in with an open mind he is leaning towards opposition again.
VA - could hear phones ringing in the background.

Congressman Jerrold Nadler (D-NY)

Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL)

Congressman Anthony Weiner (D-NY)

Congressman Mike Quigley (D-IL)
DC - Knew it was the python bill with out me telling them but didn't state a position.
IL - Strongly suggested a call to my local congressional office.

A call to my local Congresswoman Gwen Moore (D-WI)
DC- I kid you not. "So you want wild pythons shipped into the US?" Did a bit of explaining the bill, why I was opposed, what the economical impact would be. I live in a fairly depressed area with a very low economic base and excessively high unemployment. So I stressed the loss of revenue heavily here.
WI - Logged and that was it.
-----
Cindy Steinle
PHFaust
hfaust@pethobbyist.com" target="_blank">Email Cindy
Visit kingsnake on Facebook!
Follow Pethobbyist on Twitter!

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Results of my calls (what about you?) - cid143ti, Wed Nov 4 16:51:57 2009
>> Next Message:  RE: Results of my calls (what about you?) - MichelleRogers, Wed Nov 4 21:49:09 2009
>> Next Message:  RE: Results of my calls (what about you?) - laurarfl, Thu Nov 5 10:28:15 2009
>> Next Message:  RE: Results of my calls (what about you?) - Danny Conner, Fri Nov 6 08:46:57 2009