return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: oh, something else

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Rat Snakes ]

Posted by: pinelandsghost at Tue Nov 10 15:37:11 2009   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by pinelandsghost ]  

Bill & Doug, as you may remember the incredibly bad time I had last winter when I battled a lungworm infection that swept through my collection.
Panacur & antibiotic got it in check and Flagyl finished off the infection.
While most everything bounced back a couple snakes would regurge if more than the smallest meal was fed. After awhile that wasn't such a problem for most as I'd assume the biological balance was regained in the animals gut.
One snake, a female albino black rat was very thin and would regurge easily so I'd feed small and often. Say every 5 days trying to get her weight back up. Appetite wasn't a problem this snake is always ready to eat and will eat what ever you give her, still she wouldn't bulk back up and looked scary thin.
After a dose of NutriBac she's finally putting on weight. Noticably. I have to think that the probiotics are making digestion of what she eats more complete getting her more out of a meal.
I plan to dust with the NutriBac once every couple of meals for the collection and if an individual is treated with Flagyl and Panacur it will be an automatic follow up.
Mike.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: oh, something else - DMong, Tue Nov 10 16:21:41 2009

<< Previous Message:  RE: oh, something else - DMong, Tue Nov 10 12:02:10 2009