return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fire Skink . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Leopard Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Nov 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Update...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bearded Dragons ]

Posted by: DreamWorks at Thu Jun 10 22:19:13 2010   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by DreamWorks ]  

haha... Im already wanting for a nicer microscope Robb.

Did several more fecal floats today. Tested four more dragons.

Found coccidia oocycts in a female. The rest were negative. Did two on the same dragon because it seems the fresher the better. But I found coccidia eggs...

She is in a separate enclosure. All my dragons are in their own separate enclosures.

Anyway she is super fat and healthy you would never think that she would have coccidia. That is why the microscope is invaluable.

When you wait until they show outward symptoms... it is typically too late and damage has already been done internally typically.

I proceeded to treat her for parasites. Gave her a warm bath... tooth brush scrub style, and disinfected everything in her enclosure.

I will keep you posted as I continue to test her, and as I treat her etc.

Here is a picture of her from yesterday:

The other dragons I tested were def negative. Have done 4 dragons total so far. One out of four was positive for coccidia oocysts. Saw lots of gut flora and bacteria swishing around.

The coccidia oocysts were easy to find and were rife in the tested float I did.

I used 400X and it was fairly well loaded with them.

I have prescription medication from my vet to use with her.

[ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Red translucent silkback - baltimorebeardies, Wed Jun 9 21:49:20 2010
<< Previous topic:  Questions on hatchlings please - ageber, Tue Jun 8 20:16:50 2010