return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Milk Snake . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Nov 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: DON'T DO WHAT I DID !!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bearded Dragons ]

Posted by: angiehusk at Thu Jun 17 05:51:10 2010   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by angiehusk ]  

BDlvr is right...the heat was intensified in the box,it was not the actual UVB rays that caused her death. She succumbed to the heat. I put my dragons out all summer for hours at a time,unless the temp. is over 87. There is always artificially created shade. I use plastic toters,I have also used kiddie pools I lean or place various items around these bins,and I also have trees in the yard that provide partial shade. One thing to remember with the toters is that the clear plastic work best, they do not absorb the heat as much as the dark ones do. So you can still safely put your dragons out in the sun....just take precautions so that they are safe....maybe in your state with the intense heat,a screened cage such as is designed for chameleons can be used early in the a.m before the heat of the day...with appropriate real or artificially created areas of shade.Again...I'm sorry about your Isabelle. If you look for a new dragon on line,be sure to check temps. on your end for shipping.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: DON'T DO WHAT I DID !!!!!!!!!!!! - horsema, Sat Jun 19 19:33:36 2010

<< Previous Message:  RE: DON'T DO WHAT I DID !!!!!!!!!!!! - BDlvr, Thu Jun 17 04:09:34 2010